Every organization’s Vision and Mission is based on its core values. The ultimate core value in Christianity is not a “what”, but a “who”. Our core value is Jesus Christ: fully God and fully Man. Jesus is the definition of what it looks like, or what it means, to be a human being. All that we do as a Parish should lead us into a deeper relationship with Him and further conversion to be like Him.
With that in mind, I give you the Values of St. James:
- Orthodox--Giving "right praise" to the Triune God in the "Faith once delivered to the saints", and
- Catholic--Connected to the Church Universal in that Faith and
- Anglican--Expressed in the traditions of the Worldwide Anglican Communion to grow in
- Conversion--Spiritual Development to "Become like Christ" through
- Prayer--Mass, Daily Offices, and Personal/Private
- Knowledge--First class instruction in the Faith
- Service--Ministry in our community and the world and practicing
- Christian Virtues (Humility, Charity, Kindness, Patience, Diligence, Temperance, and Chastity).